Woo hoo! The challenge is on!
1. I really have a difficult time taking pictures of myself. It’s weird. I feel like there are at least two of me in pictures. But I put up the pics anyway. In my experience, when people say they look weird/bad/off in pictures, it’s all made up – so I always hope that my nostrils looking like the mouths of caves is, well, all made up. Or that you can’t see the damage braids have caused to my hair line.
2. I don’t believe in astrology. And only read the horoscopes in Glamour and Cosmo cos they are HILARIOUS!
Virgo: Aug 23 – Sept 22
You not only have all the energy you will need to get something good started today, you’ll have enough vigor to finish everything up! Like the competent organizer you are, you’ve done the footwork. Now focus on the follow-through. This won’t take much time, so be prepared with an alternative to spend the extra time you’ll have in your day. Why not visit an old friend or relative who would love to hear all the details of your latest adventures?
Honestly, today was the laziest day of my life. I haven’t sat up in about 2 hours as I write this. Funny, they didn’t have one of those, “the love of your life is waiting for you as you turn the street corner” type of ‘scopes. But for some weird reason the character traits attached to star signs get me – every time! Um, do I know you?
3. I have no idea how to proceed. Do I assume that you, the audience are a future employer or that you are my friend? This would have been easier if I were 15. (On that note, I am looking to contribute to the success of a dynamic research and development/political lobbying/policy firm as a summer intern)
4.In another life, I would be majorly involved in the Arts. Like a serious artsy major, with tons of seriously artsy hobbies and obsessions, and many, many, many, artsy quirks. But I still like this life a LOT.
5. If I could have any superpower it would be flying. Or teleportation. Working on the latter. Because I love to travel. I was once almost kidnapped as a kid because I was too excited about being in a car to realize that I should have been screaming my lungs out.
6. [*sigh, 4 more things, why did I have to sign myself up to this?] I like to try everything. My policy is that you truly can’t say no to something unless you have tried it. Okay, not everything – for these purposes, we can at least say food.
7. I love sunrises. Being awake at dawn ENERGIZES me. Just as much as people energize me. And I know [segue!], I’m a loser when it comes to keeping in touch, but in the words of Paul, “I thank God with every remembrance of you.” Because I do.
8. I’m a foodie. I love to eat food. I love to cook food. Food was made to be enjoyed. If you are not eating to enjoy, you don’t deserve to be eating at all. LOL
9. I love reading. Novels, magazines, newspapers, fliers, bathroom signs, road signs, maps, atlases, movie cases, blogs, online newspapers, research papers, old newspapers, magazine back issues, picture books, children’s books, captions – yeah, you get the point.
10. I haven’t said anything that was remotely about taking pictures, yet? Okay. I love black and white photography, although I don’t put enough effort into it, I should.
If you include the parenthetical notes, that’s definitely more than 10.